magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Whew!

I almost hesitate to say it because who really know when the craziness ends, but this week has been HARD. I was so worried about last week with all the extra activities, etc and no granparents for backup, but this week was the real problem. Anya has made a full recovery- in true toddler style, she transformed almost immediately from puking barfmonster to happy-go-lucky kid. I truly wish I could turn around so quickly, but I'm glad for her. Everything worked out very nicely- my TUes schedule wasn't too bad because of the field trip, so I didn't miss too many patients to stay home with the kids. Both of them slept for the morning, so I was able to clean up the horror that our house was becoming. I think this is a type of "fight or flight" response for me because I rarely escape whatever tummy bug enters our house and as bad as the puking is- it's made SO SO SO much worse by puking in a toilet in a dirty bathroom and looking at dirt and messes. So I cleaned all the major spots in preparation for my inevitable puke-fest and am so thilled that I have escaped so far!!!

The other part of things is that Anya's school had 2 days of field trips- one for the Tu-Th kids and one for the MWF kids, so her teacher said that if she was better, she could come in on Wed am for school and join that group for the field trip. THis was perfect because my parents met us near the farm for lunch, then joined us for the trip. We had a hayride with pumpkin picking, a petting zoo, train ride, and lots of playhouses and gyms. All of us had a fantastic time so I'm glad Anya didn't have to miss it.

I'm still recovering from the stress of her sickness...her past pukies have often lasted for days and days, so the prospect of dealing with several days of barfing was not pleasant. I also had visions of Baz puking and trying to chase/corral both kids in between my own trips to the bathroom. I am VERY pleased that it ended with Anya, but it seems that my neck and shoulders have not gotten the memo so I have to find a way to settle them down!

No comments: