magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, October 8, 2007

Of course, my kids have to play with my mind and always keep me guessing....after figuring that the bliss of 2 naps was over and even trying to adapt to one nap (for a day), Baz decided to take 2 naps today. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining....just confused, and happily so! I've also realized that there are a tremendously huge number of variables controlling sleep. Why did he sleep ALL night long 2 nights ago, but was up at least 4 times last night? What was different? Number and length of daytime naps, morning wakeup time, amount and type of food eaten for dinner, bedtime, warmth of room/jammies, ambient noise, etc, etc, etc. I'm embarrassed to say that I have resorted to giving him a cup of milk in bed....in my defense, this began in the midst of his molars coming in (they're almost all in now), but he clearly requests his "ilk" if I try to leave without giving it to him. Once we get into a better pattern, I'll break him of that, but I really need to get a couple of nights of good sleep before I can consider it.

He's also adjusted to Colleen very well...the past few times when I've dropped him off, he's screamed and reached for me as I leave. Today, I put him down and he ran in the door and started looking for the toys he knows now- yay!!! She told me that he didn't cry one bit after I left- woohoo!!! This definitely alleviates some of my mommy guilt, not that I feel much about leaving him there- he's always happily playing when I pick him up.

Anya had swimming today- it feels like forever since we've been there- last week was cancelled due to a "poop incident" and the week before we were away. But we get a bonus this week because her teacher had an opening for tomorrow so we can make up last week's lesson then. t just further complicates an already crazy week- 2 swimming lessons, 2 days of school (one with a field trip), a ped visit, and an extra day of work for me (to accomodate the field trip). She's so cute with her teacher- she's generous with her hugs and kisses (as she is with everyone).

No comments: