magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The upside of the day...Baz finally has a cool forehead. Not that it's been super-hot, but he has been running a low-grade fever for several days and it was such a treat to feel it and not debate whether or not I should break out the rectal thermometer.

The downside....Anya was in full 4 year-old diva mode all.day.long. And Baz is dealing with more teething and the onset of a cold so he was uber-clingy all day as well. They both had issues last night so I was tired from wake-up. Then he refused his morning nap and screamed every time we tried to put him down- not the usual for him. When he finally settled down, we had a mere hour of peace before he was up again- definitely not enough sleep- ugh! Mind you- since we are a working family, we don't have a whole day to just hang out and enjoy being a family- we (I) get to run around all day cleaning and organizing from the past week and trying to prepare for the coming week. So, from 6-ish am until 7-ish pm I spent my "day off" tending to one screaming child or the other, interrupted by frantic cleaning, cooking, and 53 minutes "burning it up". We did have a nice time at the park- what a treat it is to have daddy there so I only had to worry about chasing one kid at a time. We had a nice visit with Nana and Dada and their friends, but of course the second they left, the kids reverted to "parental" mode.

Why is the irony of life such that when we're young, we can't afford to hire people for the daily household stuff so we have to cram it in WITH childrearing. When we're older and have no kids to worry about, we'll probably have a cleaning person, landscaper, etc and have so much time on our hands we don't know what to do with it. (I realize that this is overstating a bit, but you get my drift). I'm really curious to see what future me thinks when I read this in 20 years....hopefully I'm not still crazily cleaning the house to keep it barely passable each SUnday!

OK- off to start another week!

No comments: