magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Finally some independent play

So my days off are getting slightly more productive as both kids are getting involved in some activity or another. Anya has been doing this for quite some time, but Baz has needed supervision at the very least, and usually interaction with me. This has kept me from getting anything done while he's awake so I feel like my day is wasted. (Not completely wasted since playing with them is an accomplishment and definitely useful to them, but it doesn't improve the cleanliness of the house). Anyway, today progressed as most of my "home" days do, except that as we moved from room to room, the kids would play and I could clean around them. Of course, they created messes at about the same rate that I cleaned the others up, but eventually I passed them- ha!

I think we might be moving away from the lovely land of 2 naps (gasp). I'm hoping this was just a fluke couple of days, but he's only taken morning naps. He'll go into the crib happily, but after playing quietly for a bit he starts chanting "all done" which then progresses to screaming. I'm hoping tomorrow is better- keep your fingers crossed!

Today, we resurrected the Halloween decorations. Anya was in heaven- thrilled to see her old costumes and of course put them on immediately. I'm not sure why I packed them away- maybe she wasn't quite into full-fledged dress-up mode last year or something- but it was like a reunion! She was torn on how happy to be about "the hand". We bought a candy dish with a sound activated hand that claps down on you when you go into the bowl last year. As fascinated as she was wth it, she was also terrified. It turns out that the fear remains, but she's OK with it when it's turned off. Baz also shares this fear, but it's more of a startle than a fear. He kept slowly going up to it and when it finally triggered, he would jump so high! He did keep going back, though....Anya won't go anywhere near it unless it's turned off. I've got to come up with some good use for this.......

No comments: