magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Whew- this was a long Sunday....as usual, I suppose, but we're all tuckered out today! Both kids are in a rough sleeping period, so I was up multiple times with each kid until I finally gave up and just bunked with Anya. If Baz woke up after that, I didn't hear him and obviously he survived. I almost thought I had slept in when I woke up on my own and just laid in bed next to Anya for a bit until I did hear Baz moving around. When I got up to get him thinking it was well after 7- maybe even 8, I looked at the clock and saw that it was in fact 6:30. OK- he's usually up at 6, so I got an extra half hour- whoopee... He learned a new trick now....escaping his diaper. One we got out to the family room, I embarked on the task of changing his stinky poopy diaper that had leaked onto his onesie. This is no easy task because he's got the wiggling down (thanks Anthony, Murray, Greg & Jeff!), and containing the poo makes it even worse! So I got him nice and clean, but only clothed in his diaper, and moved into the kitchen to make some coffee before getting him dressed. Next thing I know, in walks naked Baz!!! Luckily, there were no puddles around, but that was only a matter of time....so I ask him where the diaper is, not really expecting an answer, and he walks over to the garbage can. Sure enough, I open the lid and sitting next to his poopy dipe is the nice clean one I just put on him. Little stinker! So from now on, he has to at least have a onesie on over his diaper!

I followed my usual Sunday routine- play with the kids until Baz's nap, then exercise, brunch, and cleaning. I sometimes wonder if I'd turn out like Marge Simpson when they went to live in the automated house and she never had to do any housework. Which is worse- feeling like a slave to housework or being tipsy all day? One definitely sounds like more fun! Anyway, I even managed to clean the pool so we could go for an afternoon dip. Anya didn't last too long, but she was happy to sit on her towel and watch the wildlife around her as George and I hung out in the water.

Oh yes, and she is in LOVE with her Webkinz, Cindy (or Sandy, depending on her mood). Thankfully, the Ganz website is such that on my computer, the bottom of the screen where the menus are is blocked by my taskbar. There's no way to scroll and I'm not sure how to adjust the screen, so she HAS to use daddy's computer to play with Cindy's room. And play she did.... every few minutes she wanted to log back on to see what she was doing or earn some money to buy stuff for her. She has yet to say anything about wanting more Webkinz, but she definitely loves what she has!


There was a brief time today when Cindy was missing, so Anya "looked and looked, but she was nowhere to be found" (these were her words). Thankfully, she looked everywhere but on the loveseat, but it was cute to see her so desperate to find her!

We ended the day with a trip to our local firehouse carnival. We got there right when it opened, so we had our choice of kiddie rides. We put Baz on one ride with Anya, but he lost interest pretty quickly and they had to stop the ride before he climbed out. We tried to go on the carousel, but he refused to sit on the horse and I wasn't allowed to hold him, so he and I sat and watched Anya and daddy. We did all ride the spinning dragons and George and I realized that spinning just doesn't have the same excitement it used to. Anya finally built up the courage to ride the kiddie coaster and LOVED it. She usually looks kinda bored on rides, but you could clearly see the excitement on her face for this one. We took some pics, but I haven't checked to see how they came out- I'll add some later.

No comments: