magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Saturday, July 7, 2007

CHasing butterflies


It was a typical Saturday... up early for work, etc, etc. George and his mom took the kids to the cemetery to visit Nan's grave, then to Ikea and home. What did Anya get out of this day? She saw a dead bird. Hmmmmm..... well, it seems like they all enjoyed Ikea and I got some Swedish meatballs and sauce out of the deal, so I can hardly complain! I fact, I even had enough time to let Cardio Party Mix 3 kick my ass! Not sure why, but I'm hurtin' now. Both kids are currently crying/whining on their respective monitors now...ANya because she wanted daddy to stay with her until she fell asleep and Baz presumably because he was woken up by ANya's cries. After last night when he was up 3-5 times (I start losing count when it gets that high), he's going to be getting some Motrin.....right about now.... fingers cross`ed that keeps him settled for a while! Anya has now stopped crying and is happily playing with her teddy,who is dressed in her jammies and Baz's robe. Her latest fascination is butterflies (well, moths really). She shanghais some unsuspecting grownup, brings them outside with her, then hands them a butterfly net from her elefun game (sorry about the huge pic- I'm still learning this blogger stuff). She actually managed to catch a moth today, but her reaction was to keep swinging her net and release the critter. George and I were so amazed that she actually caught something that we couldn't act quickly enough to help her out. After that, I asked her what she intended to do with her butterflies when she caught them. She said she'd put them in a jar like she does her worms and slugs, but I explained to her that butterflies like to fly around and she seemed to take that into consideration. She was still running around a few seconds later trying desperately to catch another!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned Baz's obsession with the Wiggles....he was a little fussier than usual today because Ikea diverted his afternoon nap and amazingly he didn't fall asleep on the way home. So I needed a little help from the boyz:As soon as the first few notes of the intro start,Baz comes running to the tv from wherever he is and starts dancing. It really is the cutest thing! I can't wait until we go to the show at the end of July. I hope the kids are in a good mood so they can enjoy it!

Oh yeah, George and I get a little grownup time this weekend- we're going to see Rush Sunday night! We have a babysitter, so we just have to brew a little coffee- the show starts at 7:30 pm and is in NJ- close to 2 hours away- ugh. Well, we'll have fun while we're there anyway!

OK- I now hear the sounds of 2 airconditioners gently blowing and Baz's noise machine, so it's mommy time!

No comments: