magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lazy Sunday???

I seem to recall a time in my past (WAYYYY in my past) where Sundays were long and boring. In fact, I actually didn't like SUndays because there was nothing to do. I'm glad that motherhood has not erased this memory because I'd like to think that there will come a time when Sundays once again become boring. Except that then I will cherish being bored- at least once or twice! I'm mustering up every ounce of energy I have to get these words out before my eyelids give out and I can jump into bed. George has already been sleeping for a few hours- he barely made it through bathtime and crashed on ANya's bed during storytime. He paid his dues today- mowed the lawn and cleaned the fridge. It's so amazing how different our fridge looks when the shelves aren't covered in sticky goo that used to be some sort of condiment! I even cleaned up the freezer- woohoo!

We had no formal plans for today- our trip to the beach yesterday tired us all out enough- but I managed to keep moving from sunup to sundown....loaded and unloaded the dishwasher twice- washed and folded several loads of laundry (even put them all away- yippee!), cleaned just about every floor in the house,vacuumed half of the pool (had to cut that off in the middle to prevent both kids from falling/jumping in). It doesn't seem like so much as I wrote it, but I really didn't get to sit all.day.long. The paper is still sitting in front of me, but I doubt I'll have any energy for that.

Enough about me....Anya spent the day being one animal or another...she was supercat for a while with socks on her hands and feet and signing autographs in her little rocking chair! She was good with the violence today- Idon't even recall her pushing or hitting Baz at all- go ANya! Daddy gave her a sneak peek at Aliens (2 or 3...I'm not sure)....he figured she'd get bored before the scary parts came on.....he covered her eyes when Sidney (?) had the dream about the alien coming out of her belly,but she saw enough to ask about what happened. After that, we moved on to Aladdin....ahhhh, much better!

Baz is starting to get the hang of feeding himself. He INSISTS on holding a fork or spoon when eating and today I let him go at his pasta and he did great. Now I just have to try to make food that he can stab easily and get into his mouth and maybe he'll gain some weight! He's working on 2 word phrases- "Hi Daddy" is his fave.

2 days and counting until we meet the Wiggles!!!!! (actually, more like a day and a half!)

No comments: