magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I had a nice reminder last night of the first 8 months of Anya's life.....you know, the time preceding her sleep boot camp! For some reason, she kept having nightmares or not settling down and was up every hour on the hour, starting shortly after midnight. Around 3am, I told her that I wasn't coming back to her anymore and if she needed me to come into my bed. Well, around 3:30, George and I were joined by Anya, Knuffle Bunnies 1 & 2, her music box, and her sippy cup. Sleep still wasn't easy, but at least I didn't have to keep going into her room. Baz got a little jealous, but he only woke once after this time, but man am I tired today. I kinda wish I could go to work to get some rest!!! Factor in that Anya was/is cranky since she didn't sleep well and this morning was loooong. She had 2 timeouts before 7:30 and turned me into a screaming looney just trying to keep Baz's digits intact. Unfortunately, the rain has put a damper on our beach outing today, but we did get some pretty cool thunder and lightening for entertainment.

I forgot to add Anya and my afternoon antics yesterday....after we got home from work, Baz went down for an afternoon nap, so it was exercise time for Anya and I....she donned her ballet outift and slippers and broke out Bella Dancerella in the family room as I kickboxed in the kitchen. Does that count as togetherness? We were doing the same activity, just in separate rooms- only a few feet apart!

Baz has taken to waving to Mickey and Minnie every time we pass the statues in the dining room as well as when he sees them on tv. I've really come to enjoy watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but I am a little concerned that I'm passing on my Disney obsession to Baz now too! I suppose it could be worse- at least it's not Star Wars (JK George ;) )

So we're just hanging out now waiting for GramPap-pap (as Anya calls them) as they navigate through the floods to get here. Yay- date night for George and I!!!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh, I'm sorry you had a tough night!

Something that just occurred to me, did you ever notice that Anya might have sleep apnea? I know another mom on Cmoms has a DD Anya's age who is also a bad sleeper and they are pretty sure it's sleep apnea that makes it hard for her to stay asleep.

You're too funny exercising in your kitchen. You must have a big kitchen, I kick a chair or something in mine! :)