magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, July 2, 2007

Some pics....

So it's back to the usual after my weekend away....I'm pleased that the kids did so well without me... I thought George would be in for a tantrum or two full of "I want my mommy" or "mama", but apparently I am not needed! Anya went to a party on Saturday for one of her friends at Colleen's... there are a handful of kids her age, and all of them are boys. She happily answers "they boys chased me around" pretty often when asked what she did at Colleen's. The funny thing is that her best buddy- Carter (Connor if you ask Anya- wonder if she even knows about Bud/Kenny from Cosby)- is a bit of a scaredy-cat. According to his parents, whenever he's next to Anya, he develops a newfound confidence to do things that otherwise would never happen. Anya is quite the daredevil and really has little fear of anything, so in that respect she's a good influence. I love that she's closer with Carter than the other kids because he really is a sweet, friendly little kid. He sticks up for her to the other boys and clearly enjoys playing with her. So the party included a bouncy house (Anya actually didn't last too long because the boys were boing a bit rowdy), a guy dressed as LIghtening McQueen, and a clown doing facepainting. Well, Anya was in heaven- one of her newest favorite games is letting anyone pretend to paint her face. (MIL has performed several google searches to locate nontoxic face paint, but I think we've put the kaybash ?? on that one). She told George she wanted to be painted like Sally from Nightmare, but he was able to convince her that the clown would probably do a better job at Sally, the car from Cars. I'll add her new pic to the side....

I also have new pics of Baz getting his first haircut. This happened a couple of weeks ago, but MIL took him, so I just got the pics now. He was fascinated by the activity at the salon, so he couldn't sit still, which is apparent by the uneven front to the cut. But it still looks better than the shaggy look he had before!

Anya had swimming today....I missed the lesson because I had to go to the grocery store, but George said she did great- starting to dive in even! She swam down to the bottom of the pool and back up on her own, and she's even using her arms much more. It's so comforting to know that she could manage to get to the side if she fell in the pool, but I still have one other daredevil to worry about now!

No comments: