magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

15 month checkup

Sebastian and I had the pleasure of going to his 15 month checkup....I still can't believe he's that old already! Both the ped and the receptionist commented on how much he looks like a boy rather than a baby. He's definitely a little string bean- grew 2 inches, but only 7 ounces in 3 months. So he's in the 50th percentile for height and less than 10 for weight. Doesn't seem to be a huge concern for the doc- he clearly demonstrated his activity level while we were there, so she thinks he's just using up his calories as he eats them. She gave me a list of things to increase his calories, so maybe I'll come up with some good meals for him to beef him up a bit. He did great with his shots- not a peep for each (he had three!). Since he handled that well, we decided to draw a lead level to make sure it's going down, which he liked less than the shots, but still did well. I also learned that all of the drooling and chewing on his fingers led to his first molar popping out. He doesn't let me look in his mouth much, but he opened wide for Dr. G and there it was!

Anya had a nice day with Colleen and Maureen....she went to Pat's house and went swimming and had a lot of fun. She wasn't too interested in dinner and went to sleep very easily....this summer thing can be good! Now I just have to hope both kids sleep all night so I can have some energy too! Anya is getting some interest in losing her nighttime pullup and we are making some progress. She no longer takes a sippy of water to bed with and she doesn't pee very much in her pullup lately. She eagerly jumped out of bed tonight to pee just before she went to sleep, so that's a good sign. She told me she wants me to wake her up in the night to go potty, but I've been bad about that one. It's bad enough that I have to go settle Baz down- adding to my "up" time is not something I want to do. I suppose I should do it for her, though....

Aw crap- I can't believe that the new Harry Potter movie comes out tomorrow- I've been reading this book since around our wedding (June of 2003) and haven't finished it yet- I keep getting distracted by these babies! Oh well, someday I'll have more time that I know what to do with (I hear this every day from my patients and I believe them).

1 comment:

Erika said...

Stalker checking in.

You are kidding me, you haven't finished 5 yet???? Get on it sista! But at least you won't have to wait 2 years between each book in some kind of agony like the rest of us. Read on!!!