magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Saturday, July 14, 2007

OK- I spoke too soon yesterday...I felt great from 7:52am until about 8:41 am, when my body realized that sleeping in a little bit didn't make up for being up for an hour during the night. Oh well- I realized that was feeling cranky and was able to keep it to myself (I hope). Baz had a crappy nap schedule,which made planning the day tough, but not impossible...I did manage to get in short workout and do a little housework before he was up again. The little peanut is being so tough to feed...after the checkup the other day, I've been really aware of what he eats and it really isn't much. He accepts a waffle each morning, but I find so much of it scattered around the house in bits throughout the day. When I try feeding it to him in the highchair, I think he eats even less. And usually he happily eats some or most of a baby yogurt after his nap (you know, the kind made with whole milk- oh, so good!), but I'm lucky if i can get 5 mouthfuls into him now. I swear, he would eat a steady diet of mac 'n cheese (not so bad since I make him homemade) and raisins (kinda bad- no fat and a choking hazard for toddlers).

Once he woke up and ate, we went off to the zoo, which was a fun time. Thankfully, this zoo isn't too big, so we can see the whole thing in less than an hour. We had a little treat this time- the woodchuck was up and about!!! Every other time, we have had to talk about nocturnal
animals to explain why he wasn't out, but we got to see him awake and eating- yippee! Anya had an added bonus- we went to the park next to the zoo and she was thirsty, so I went to the snack counter to get juice or something. They had to slushie machines, but they weren't frozen yet. I figured it'd be about the same as soda, so she had a practically pure sugar slushie- woohoo!!! If it weren't for the small goat-related injury, it would have been perfect, but thanks to a Madagascar band-aid, we all came home smiling!!

Today the kids got to play with their favorite babysitter Diana and then had lunch with Daddy at Mickey D's. We took a brief dip in the pool, but even at 82 degrees, they had blue lips after a short time, so we came back in. Baz has gotten really good at his selective eating ability. Since he started on solids, if something goes in his mouth that he doesn't like, he just pushes it right on out. This was a real treat with pureed baby food! Tonight we had chinese, so I fed him some lo mein and a little piece of chicken. The little turkey kept the noodles in his mouth and spit out the meat!!! At least I was able to get him to eat something- even if it was completely unhealthy! He's also got a new "thing", which is laying face down on the floor. I originally thought it was when he was tired, but he seems to do it all the time now, but he knows it's funny. He'll pick his head up and look at me and laugh- what a weirdo!

No comments: