magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Another crazy Saturday

Saturdays are usually long since I work early and we usually have some sort of activity in the afternoon, so it makes for a long day. Today was no exception....we had an 11th birthday party
for one of our friends' DD's and the kids had a ball. They rented a HUGE inflatable slide which both kids enjoyed. Anya was afraid to go by herself until all the big kids were gone, but she also liked going down with me. I admit it was a little scary- this thing was high, but lots of fun. Anya had a little "independent" time in the little clearing they have in their woods. When I went to check on her, she was "praying for Nan". I think that maybe this spot reminded her of the cemetery where Nan is buried, but that was completely unprompted. She got to witness her first game of truth or dare as she joined the bigger girls on the trampoline. They were unhappy to have her join them, but I told them she'd just sit there (which she did). Funny thing is that she picked up that they didn't want her there and told me about it on the way home. Luckily, her feelings didn't seem to be hurt- she was pretty matter-of-fact about it. Baz had a little issue with the trampoline....George and I both let him bounce on it, but once he got away from George, who immediately ran to the opposite side where Baz was headed. Of course, halfway there, he changed course and ran back where he came from and went over the side. Poor George about had a heart attack as he dove for his son, but thankfully, he landed ok with no major (or even minor) injuries. He went right back to being the comic relief for everyone as he laughed and giggled about everything. Anya got her first Webkinz as party favor- she didn't get to activate it's website, but she's eager to feed and play with her Tiger, who she named Cindy. SHe sang some songs to Cindy on the way home- it was adorable! I'm just hoping she doesn't join the craze and want 5437890897 of them.

As usual, the why's were bountiful today, but she had some real winners on the way home.... "mommy, why is my boogie red?" EEEEWWWWW!!! This led to "Why are boogies round?" And when I stupidly answered her that they come in all sorts of shapes, she wanted to know ALL of the shapes they came in. And when I didn't think to say oval, it was "Do they come in oval shapes?" "yes, dear" "Why did you forget oval?" "Because I forgot" "But WHY did you forget?" "Because I did" "Why did you forget?" And so on.....

I'm eagerly awaiting the blog of my receptionist Kristen as she prepares for her semester-long internship as a cast member at Walt Disney World!!! I'm so jello of her- she gets to spend 6 whole months living near the world and seeing the behind the scenes stuff! I'm bummed that her session ends a couple of weeks before our trip....wonder if we can squeeze in another mini-trip???

No comments: