magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Caterpillar

Anya started maxing out on exhaustion this afternoon during the "kiddie witching hour" from 4-7 pm. This is when they're tired from the day, but it's too early for dinner and they become cranky, clingy little creatures who are always on the cusp of a meltdown. Well, Anya's started for no particular reason, but she just began crying uncontrollably. When I finally got her to settle down enough to understand her, she said "I miss my caterpillar".... this goes back to the 4th of July when her caterpillar fell off her outfit and went between the slats of the deck. She reverts to this when she thinks it will get her attention and cuddles. I'm fine with that, except that I don't want her to think that she can manipulate me so easily. Luckily, George came home mid-crying fit and calmed her down. She milked it as much as she could throughout dinner, sitting on my lap as I fed her (rolls eyes...).

Baz had his first ride (with me, at least) in one of the shopping carts with a car in front. He and Anya each had a steering wheel and they had a blast! He immediately started honking the horn and steering and bringing smiles to all the other shoppers' faces. Of course, the seatbelt was broken so after a few aisles, he was climbing out through the windshield so he had to go back to his usual seat by me. It made for a nice shopping trip anyway.

No comments: