magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

A visit with GramPap-Pap

GramPap-pap is what Anya calls my parents....we all had a nice visit, but of course it went too fast. Glover joined them this time and he seemed to have a lot of fun. Poor little guy clearly has issues with his hind leg, but manages to get around ok. He's almost as tolerant of toddler pokes and grabs as Edna is...it appears that Isabella broke him in well! Gram-Pappap finally got to see Anya at her swimming lessons and got to take her in our pool. Ahhhh...the water is 86 degrees and beautiful! Anya really impressed me with how far she could and would swim without taking a breath. I think she gave grandma a heart attack or two even!

I'm battling a summer cold- both kids get a runny nose for a day or two and end up with a killer sore throat for days bordering on laryngitis...ugh. Well, I'm not puking, so it could be much worse! I'm hoping for some good sleep tonight- ANya had a nightmare/growing pain episode last night...first George calmed her down, then my mom went in but didn't know Anya's "routine" so I had to come in with the medicine (body lotion) and our impromptu ACE wrap (daddy's socks). She absolutely refuses any Tylenol/motrin but is perfectly satisfied with our non-medicine magic, so who cares, right? She really did a lot of swimming today, so I'm hoping we don't have a repeat.

Now I have to come up with some hot summer day activities for tomorrow.....it's gonna be a long one! FTR- we're down a computer at the moment so my blogging may lag a bit...I'll try to catch up when I get a moment on the puter!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow, sounds like Anya is becoming quite the little fish! I'm dreaming of being in your beautiful pool right now... this 94+ degree weather is melting us, LOL!