magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thursday, August 23, 2007

OK- I've been slacking again......what has happened this week.....

Baz has developed a love of tea....iced or hot, he doesn't care. Of course, he gets decaf (no need for repeat trips to the ER for SVT), but it's mostly milk and sugar anyway. He knows where the tea is kept at home and at Nana and Dada's and doesn't let us forget it. Tonight, he was hell-bent on having strawberry tea...he broke into the container of fresh strawberries I bought today and put one in Anya's princess teapot. He was so impressed with himself! He's also getting more into the Wiggles each day. He loves doing the "shhh, shhh, shhh" part of "Rock a bye a bear", but gets his finger in his nose as he does it. I'll have to get a pic of that!

Anya had a lovely haircut yesterday.....she sat there like a princess and didn't move a muscle! SHe even let Karen put in pigtails.....even kept them in until after dinner. We found out today that her friend from COlleen's will definitely be in her class in a few weeks- yay!!

We made the mistake of stopping at the mall yesterday after our trip to the salon...BIG MISTAKE!!! It was a cloudy, cool day just before school started. UGH....navigating the mall with a double stroller can be a challenge on an easy day, but when there are 23478908 bajillion people trying to maneuver in the same small place, many of them other moms with strollers and kids in tow, it's just plain miserable. I gave up on my quest to treat myself to some nice undies at Victoria's Secret- clearly not a store for moms travelling with their babies. I stupidly attempted to let the kids play in the little projection game....Anya was too intimidated by the bigger kids roughhousing, so she stood on the perimeter and watched. Baz took 3 steps on the mat, then realized that he wasn't strapped down and took off. Fast. So fast that I couldn't reach him right away and since I couldn't mow down the kids between us, he reached the corridor before me and ran right into the path of moving traffic. I really felt for the woman who knocked him down....she clearly wasn't anticipating a toddler in her path and felt terrible that it happened. Of course, I felt like the worst mommy around, so once the crying stopped (it didn't last too long), I packed them up and we left the miserable place called the mall. I'm going to have to remember this when it gets close to Christmastime....except for one visit during a less crowded time to see Santa, I intend to avoid this place like the plague!

No comments: