magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hitting

So it seems that hitting is the newest issue in our household....Anya has been in a TERRIFIC mood lately (if by terrific you mean miserable)...she's been fighting bedtime tooth and nail and we're all paying the price with a cranky toddler. Anyway, she's spending a lot of time in her TO chair for hitting since that's her first response to being told NO to anything. Well, guess who has learned from his big sister? Our happy, laid-back little guy has been watching his sister intently and when she got a little too close to him today, he reached out and smacked her in the face. Of course, it was pretty comical, so I held back my giggles and sternly told him that hitting is a no-no and tried so hard to keep Anya from hitting him back. Of course, that wasn't the end of it and she had to have the last word, so back into TO land went Anya.

Baz appears to be cutting a few new teeth, so he's been uber-clingy and fussy. This, coupled with the overtired kid makes for a pretty unsettled household. George and I had to practically sneak out for dinner tonight since both kids want to be attached to me at the waist now.

On the flip side, Anya was all about dressing up today and putting on shows for me and Baz... she wore her ballet outfit with tights and Cinderella shoes and danced with the Little Einsteins for me. When she began singing, Baz joined in the dancing, too. The glitter is dwindling a bit, so it's kinda cute now.....there are still patches of it, but the bigger spots are cleaned up.

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Baz does a cute "tubby time" dance....as soon as we mention bathtime or the tub, he starts dancing and saying "tub time" I'm sorta confused lately, though, since he only wants to be in momentarily and then he starts climbing out.

He's also shown us how fast he can be today.....Pap Pap and I were outside with both kids today and turned our backs on Baz for about 10 seconds at one point (3 guesses where this is going!)....when we turned around, there was Sebastian standing on the top step in the pool!!!! I was only a few feet away, but I just didn't see or hear him going for it. He tried to pull the same trick later, but we were all over him then. It does worry me that he has no fear and can get to the pool so quickly- guess it's his turn for Saf-T_swim soon!

No comments: