magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, August 17, 2007

2 toddlers in the house....

The past week or two have been particularly challenging for us. It could be having routines, etc thrown off by our trip to Philly, but I also think it's just the kids moving into new phases.... Anya is discovering how to test limits. Yes, she has been doing this for a couple of years now, but she's learning how to "work" us and see how far she can get. As a result, she's spending more and more time in TO and having her toys put in jail, etc. Today both kids and I were playing on the steps to the pool and I told her specifically not to push Baz's boat away- several times, in fact, and she deliberately pushed it away. Because of that, she and I didn't get to go swimming when he went down for a nap. DInner and bedtimes are also crazy.... every night, it's "I'm not hungry" and she refuses to sit with us, so off to TO until she gives up crying and eats with us. She then starts with "mommy feed me"....... Baz is cutting a few teeth, so his happy personality is on vaca. We do have a lot of good times with him, but the fussy side is much more prevalent lately. And all he wants then is for mommy to hold him. Thank god we have a live-in housekeeper and nanny!!! (I can dream, right?)

On the other hand, both kids are so cute I could eat them up! Anya has really taken to playing dress-up and putting on dance shows. She's been wearing her ballet outfits and tights a lot lately and prancing around. I'm sure she would love dance classes, but I think we'll wait until she adjusts to preschool and maybe when we stop Saf-T-Swim. I don't want to overbook her already!

Baz's vocabulary is really exploding now....he repeats so many words now, although he doesn't necessarily remember them later. He still loves his cars and chooses them over the 67843678638746 bajillion other toys we have. Good thing they're putting out 42 new cars for him to get!

No comments: