magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, August 24, 2007

Boys

I'm definitely seeing now what everyone means when they say "Boys will be boys".... yes, Anya was active and inquisitive and busy, but I don't think she had as many injuries in her whole toddlerhood as Baz has in an afternoon! I let him "drive" the van today as I vacuumed up the entire pack of goldfish that "went swimming" on the floor below his carseat. Yes, I realized the potential for falls, which was why I was within an arm's reach at all times. I forgot to turn on my super-speedy reaching ability, so when he inevitably lost his balance and fell out of the van landing ON HIS HEAD before my eyes, there was nothing I could do to stop it. Luckily, he has his father's hard head and despite the rapidly enlarging egg on his forehead, he was more interested in getting back behind the wheel than he was in the ice being forced upon his head. It was refreshing to have no whining and clinging after that- Anya would have milked it for HOURS and he was running around in seconds!

Shortly after that, he was sitting on one of the kitchen chairs- another favorite of his. Something caught his eye and he tried to stand up and lost his balance. Luckily for his sore head, this time he landed squarely on his bum. Yayyyy diapers! There's a bruise there, too, but that one didn't even score tears! These are just the cream of the crop from today-I'm not even discussing all the little bumps, bruises, scrapes, pokes, etc that happen about every 3 minutes!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but Baz's new favorite Wiggles song is Rock a Bye a Bear. This is adorable because that the end, "bear's now asleep, shh shh shh" he makes the shh motion. I think it's Anya's influence with her constant nosepicking that taught him to stick his finger up his nose whenever he makes that motion. I tried to correct him this evening, but he's insistent upon keeping his finger way up there- ugh!

Anya spent much of today building houses for her webkin Cindy. Mostly there were Lego, but she did one or two with building blocks. SHe really enjoys creating things and it's so cool to watch. She's excited for Kayci's party tomorrow- it will be her first Build a Bear experience- hope it doesn't start a trend!

No comments: