magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

Tantrums

So at almost 5 years old, Anya still has (and uses) the capacity to throw a whopper of a tantrum. Last night, it was over taking medicine for her painful leg. Just before it started, I made the mistake of thinking how nice it was to have an easy bedtime for all 3 kids (well, really the bigger ones). Shortly after that, I heard Anya crying and George speaking sternly to her. OK- not my problem yet, so I tuned it out. But it kept going....and going.....and going.... George finally joined me in the family room and told me that she insisted that her leg really did hurt, but she refused to take the grape tylenol- she only wanted the "orange medicine"- ibuprofen. SHe's made a number of requests for this med lately,so we're not sure if it's a ploy to get something that tastes like candy, so George told her she could only have tylenol and if her legs *really* hurt, she should be happy to take anything that will make her feel better.

45 minutes later, I finally convinced her to swallw the grape meds (with a water chaser) and she survived!!! She still insisted that she hates that taste, though! Anyway, during our postmortem (which I do after most major tantrums), she acknowledged that once again, she didn't get her way. And now she felt crappy from crying and screaming....why can't she learn????

No comments: