magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lorelei

So it's clear that being the mommy of 3 has impacted my blogging abilities, so I'm going to try to make up some today. I had the wonderful cleaning people today, so my household chores are mostly done- the usual kitchen upkeep, laundry, and meals (2 of which are done- yay!!!!)

At 7 weeks old, Lorelei is becoming more and more like a "real baby" rather than the squirmy lump that newborns are. She's got a terrific smile that just melts your heart when you see it. She is also trying to form sounds- you can see her moving her lips around to manipulate the sound until a "coo" comes out. I haven't yet caught it on video, but I'm gonna try- maybe today.

Since birth, she's been a strong one- holding her head up well in the first 2 weeks and always moving around. Kinda scary when I look at Baz and see all the crazy things he does- she'll surely learn all of his moves- ack! She's also still a spitter- I've learned her pattern- eat, then burp and the first eruption comes. But it doesn't end there- I usually have at least 2 more aftershocks that fill up the burp cloth before she's done. Even with all of that, she typically spits even more afterward, so if she's sitting in her swing or laying down, her face and head are covered in puke. Poor kiddo! The good thing is that she doen't appear uncomfortable when this happens, so it doesn't look like reflux.

At this point, she's still up several times during the night (big surprise there!) but she sleeps great during the day...several 2-3 hour naps! I'm trying to get up the courage to put her in her crib one of these nights. It's hard when I know she'll sleep for 3-5 hours in the evening in her swing- will it be shorter in the crib? And when she's in the PNP next to the bed and I'm tired from feeding her, I just pop her into bed with me and I can get SOME sleep while she's nursing (not as good as sleeping by myself, but better than nothing). I do know that in the long run, we'll both be better if she sleeps in the crib for long stretches, but I'm not ready to CIO yet...oh, decisions, decisions!

As for growth, L looks to be doing great....at her checkup last week, she measured 23 inches and weighed 10 lbs,8 oz, which puts her in the 75th percentile for weight and almost 90 for length! What a change from my other peanuts! I think a large part of it is that I'm just not stressing about nursing this time. I've done just about everything in my power to try to exclusively nurse and it clearly isn't going to happen, so if she needs formula, she'll get formula. Clearly it didn't adversely affect the other two, so she'll be fine as well!

No comments: