magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baz

Poor Sebastian is suffering with round 2 of a cold...the first part wasn't so bad and was just about (or maybe completely) gone when I took him in for his flumist. I don't know if they're connected or just coincidental (maybe his immune system was still a bit compromised by the cold plus the vax), but this part is really hitting him hard. Poor little muffin is oozing from his eyes and nose and coughing and sneezing nonstop. I THINK he's getting better each day, but he's definitely slower than usual!

We had a playdate on Sunday with an old friend of George's and his 2 boys and Baz was so beat that he fell asleep on the floor while the kids were still here. In fact, I put him in his bed and later found the 3 other kids in his room playing with his cars with the light on and he was O-U-T!!! I just hope it passes before it sets into his ears- last winter he had the neverending ear infection and I'd like to skip that this year. Thankfully, he's been pretty good about doing a nebulizer or 2 each day, so that should help!

He's turned into quite the chatty cathy lately, but speaking VERY softly. I have to ask him to turn up the volume all the time! The new thing is to be afraid of the "nightmare" in his room. I have to reassure him that there is nothing to be afraid of!

He's also taken an interest in the computer. I've always shown him kneebouncers.com, but usually I have to move the cursor around, so I started teaching him how to do it. Being the mechanical genius that he is, he now can maneuver through several websites on his own! Kneebouncers is a piece of cake and he's pretty good at pbskids and noggin as well! I have to monitor youtube with both of them because they'll start out with funny cats clips and the suggestions on the side keep getting weirder and weirder until they're things I don't want the kids to see.

No comments: