magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, November 24, 2008

18....

Is how old Anya will be when she finally gives up having tantrums. That's what she told me tonight after she finally settled down from her 2hour+ long tantrum. It started with dinner- she didn't want to eat what was on her plate, but she didn't want the consequences of not eating (her dog Gray would remain in time out, no stories, no lay-downs). Once we finally got past that one (she did eventually eat her dinner BTW), she wanted a candy which led into another tantrum (she didn't like the one I gave her and wanted another, which she didn't get either). After battling the tub with 2 kids (Baz and Rory) as Anya continued to sulk and cry, she finally got in the tub too. Yet another tantrum ensued when she wanted to wipe her eyes off before the shampoo was out of her hair. ACK!!!!!

Thankfully, all 3 kiddoes are quietly sleeping at this moment and I am thoroughly enjoying my Sam Adams and cookie dough.

I truly hope she's wrong with that age estimate, too....it came up because I told her that most 5 year olds don't have tantrums anymore, but she really didnt care about that.

No comments: