magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yay for boobies!

You know it's a good day when your (and the baby's) doc recommends beer (especially dark beer) as a treatment! Actually, I knew that dark beer is supposed to help with breastmilk production, but it's still nice to hear. I'm also pleased (kinda) to find out that my milk hormone is out of whack, which is probably why I've never been able to make enough milk to feed my babies. It's good because I can take a medication to increase that hormone and indirectly my milk production. It's bad because I wish I had found out with Anya and saved myself a lot of mommy angst. Oh well- neither she nor Baz seem to be lacking in the "smarts" department, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

On a side note, as a result of my appt today with the LC, I had a couple of hours to be home mostly alone (Lorelei has been sleeping since we got home). In that time, I cleaned and organized more than I have for the past two weeks! This recovery has been so different than the others- the things I had planned on doing 2 weeks ago are just getting done now and I'm going back to work this week. So much for "enjoying" my time off, but at least I'm getting back to my usual self.

No comments: