magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

3 weeks old!

So today Lorelei is 3 weeks old- how can that possibly be??? On one hand, I feel like she's always been part of the family, but on the other I can't believe that 3 weeks has passed since she arrived! Wowsers.... I took her for a weight check since she still isn't back up to her birth weight and she still has a couple of ounces to go, but she did gain 4 oz in 3 days- woohoo!!! She's now 8lbs, 9 oz- go team!!!! It's really REALLY hard to believe that I was carrying around more weight than she is now- that's crazy. Anyway, I know that the gain is from the supplementing and I don't feel any change in my milk production yet, but it's only been a few days on the meds, so here's hoping!

Today was my first day back at work and it went very well. It wasn't too tough getting Baz and Lorelei packed up and out the door and she even cooperated by nursing early enough- yay! She did fine in the office, too...a little fussy, but nothing too major AND she seems to be taking to the bottle as well!

Both big kids are still super into their sister- as soon as they see her, they can't get enough kisses plastered on her face. They also fight over who gets to hold her hand- so sweet!

L had her first real bath today too since her umbilical stump fell off this morning. Baz missed out since he refused to touch dinner and his punishment was no tub, but Anya delighted in helping to wash her baby sister. L seemed to enjoy the water too- who doesn't love a nice warm bath?

No comments: