magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Preparation

Of course, as my EDD has been approaching, we've been physically prepping for a baby around the house, but as the reality of her arrival/eviction approaches, I'm focusing more on the person that's going to be joining our family soon. I think pregnancy makes me feel so crappy that I forget about the end result and jsut work on making it through each day. Now that I know that I have a little over 2 more days to be pregnant, it's so much more tolerable..... As I sit here watching my belly jump and twist as this kid wiggles around, I'm trying to imagine what our little "Ladybug" will look and act like. I'm also trying to imprint what our family is like now since I know that after she comes, it'll be practically impossible to remember what life was like before her birth. She's beenby FAR the most active baby in utero- so much so that she actually hurts me when she moves and kicks. (Right now I'm hoping she can kick in the right place and break my water, but that's another story and it hasn't happened yet, so I'm not counting on that!). I'm not sure what sort of personality that will translate to since Anya was the next active and Baz the least and now he's the most crazy. Anya was definitely a tougher infant, so that doesn't bode well, but I'm just not going to worry about it.

The kids seems eager to meet and greet their new sibling....except that Baz keeps insisting that the baby is a boy- over and over and over. I'm sure he'll adjust eventually, though! We rearranged the carseats today.....after the first failed attempt to install Anya's seat in the 3rd row (she puked the entire ride home from NJ when I picked her up from my parents), I tried to put Baz's seat there yesterday. Due to the stupid setup of the seats in our van, I can't get the seat in properly, so that won't work. After a bit of discussion, we put Anya's seat in the back and for now they will take turns sitting in each seat- luckily, they're close enough in torso length that they can switch- yay!!! So far, Anya hasn't gotten sick, but we've only taken a couple fairly short trips and haven't turned on the DVD player either. Here's hoping it works!

I've been feeling some more early labor signs today, which is encouraging....loss of MP all day and stronger contrax. We walked around the mall quite a bit and that definitely got things going, but since we've been home it's calmed down. I also have an increase in the lower back pain, which is very similar to how I felt before my water broke with Anya, but who knows where that will go too. I have no idea if anything will happen between now and Tues, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did (or doesn't). Tues would be nice so we can plan everything and because it's the start of Libra (oh, how I'd love a libra kid), but tonight, Sun, or Mon would be nice so I can be done and she can be here! Looks like we just have to wait and see!

No comments: