magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Made it through the night!

Other than being awakened at 5:30 because the cast was too tight, Anya did great her first night in a cast. And since Baz had a sleepover at Nana and Dada's, mommy got 7 hours of uninterrupted
sleep- yahoo!!! (Actually, there were a couple of potty breaks for me, but what do you expect for 9 months preggo?) Thankfully, the tight cast issue was easily resolved with ice, elevation, and Motrin- whaddayaknow, it really works!!!! Stupid mommy for not putting ice on while she was sleeping, but I really wanted to take advantage of sleeping for once. She's in good spirits this morning- happily watching The Hobbit on the couch with an ice pack on her arm and eager to go to school so her friends can sign her cast.

I know she hasn't thought about the hot tub yet, so I'm hoping that doesn't become an issue for her, but I'm planning on buying a cast protector, so if we can get a good one, MAYBE she can go in....I certainly can't miss 6 weeks of hot tub (at least not before baby girl makes her entrance).

I also noticed today that my countdown box is down to single digits- wowsers!!!! I might actually have to endure an entire pregnancy this time-ack! Actually, besides the excitement with Anya, I felt pretty good yesterday (which doesn't usually happen). If I felt like that for the rest of the pg, I could manage another week if I have to, although I'd certainly prefer sooner rather than later. I think there's supposed to be a full moon tonight and there's an old wives' tale about babies being born during full moons......who knows??????

No comments: