magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation

As you can see from the pic I mobile blogged, today was Anya's Kindergarten orientation. First, we rode the bus to school and back. Anya was so excited to finally get to climb up those big steps onto the bus. I was excited when the bus started moving and the bumpiness of the ride almost stirred up some good contractions! The ride was mostly uneventful, except for the part when the bus driver tried to start up our mobile sauna after her brief chat with the kids and parents and the battery was dead. I was just thankful that I had brought along a bottle of water and some goldfish crackers or there may have been some puking involved. Anya's face was priceless when I offered her some goldfish only minutes after the bus driver told the kids they couldn't eat on the bus since she couldn't see them behind the seats and address any choking issues. She actually refused to eat them for fear that she'd get in trouble (WTG Anya!)

After that event, Anya and I had lunch at Wendy's- a big mistake at lunchtime on the last day before school starts. Oh well- I do feel like it brought me a few steps closer to evicting this child. After a quick stop at the shoe store to pick up her new sneakers, we headed over to the school for that part of the orientation. We managed to snag a parking spot in the field past the parking lot so I got another chance to stir up some contractions. Anya walked eagerly into the front door of the school and we headed down to meet her teacher. She happily spoke up and offered her name to her teacher and went to work on the scavenger hunt to locate things around the room. She really didn't interact with any of her classmates, but it was sort of chaotic with so many kids and parents crammed into the room.

All in all, it was a great day- Anya is incredibly excited for her first full day tomorrow and I *think* she'll be just fine. She even told me she wants the baby to come tomorrow after I put her on the bus in the morning. I'd be happy with that scenario too!!! Stay tuned tomorrow for "first day of school" pics.

No comments: