magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, April 18, 2008

Whew!

So it seems that Baz is not only learning how to enter the "terrible two's" but how to really be a boy as well. And it's tiring.me.out... THe day started out great (except for the dull headache I woke up with)- a nice dip in the hot tub with the kid followed by a little housework as the kids played together. Of course, there were a few scuffles, but nothing noteworthy. AFter the plumber came and cleaned out the pipes, we were off to the beach. I wonder if these kids will realize just how lucky they are to have so many beaches available to them.

We had our picnic lunch as the kids dug in the sand. Since we got there early, it wasn't too crowded so they could spread out a bit. We had to end that part of our day when Baz became tired of boring sand and shells and wanted to play football with the big kids. Unfortunately for mommy, those "kids" were on the opposite end of the beach and boy can that kid run fast!!!! After chasing and retrieving him twice, we managed to pack up and head over to the playground.

This part was nice for mommy because Anya acted like a fantastic big sister and chased after "her brother" wherever he went. I'm glad I caught my breath because next on the agenda was a trip to the supermarket. It really wasn't bad- my list wasn't long and I didn't need lunchmeat so by the time Baz was seriously trying to climb out of the "car", we were checking out.

Nap was a no-go.....he usually goes down between 10 and 11 and we got home close to 2 so I wasn't sure what would happen. After hearing him scream for 15-20 minutes, I gave up in the hopes of MAYBE getting a full night's sleep tonight. I'll let you know what happens,but I'm not going to hold my breath. As a result of the nap situation, the witching hours were particularly challenging. As I mentioned before, Baz's favorite word and activity is dump and he seeks out water bottles. No matter how high/far away I put them, he manages to get to them. And then open the cap (which I have turned as tightly as I can). And then dump the contents on the floor and himself. Between 3 and 6 I cleaned up no less than 4 such messes. At least it's just water I suppose.

After dumping water and sitting through the resultant time-out, he headed over to the markers and proceeded to color on the counters and floor. TIME OUT again.... (as mommy cleans up the washable mess). Next he decides to pull the stepstool over to the counter and throws EVERYTHING on the counter to the floor. Right on top of the dirt I had just swept up and didn't have time to put into the garbage yet. Ack.

After a deep breath and a little help from George, I managed to get everything cleaned up and put away. Once dinner was out of the way, bedtime was near so I knew it would be OK. I only had Baz to put down since George and Anya are out seeing Muppet Treasure Island. He was out cold in seconds, so now I'm resting. Ahhhhhh..... The joys of a 2-year old boy.....

No comments: