magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A great day

After months of feeling like crap all the time, I finally had a day where I felt great. In addition, it was the kind of day that made me think that MAYBE I could hack it as a SAHM. It started with az waking at 5am....kinda sucky, but OK because I planned to take him for his 2 year bloodwork at 7, so I could dose him with some EMLA. I did have to substitute a popsicle for his "shake", but he accepted it as a good alternate.

Once Anya woke up, it only took the promise of doughnuts to coerce her out of her jammies. The kids were incredible at the lab- they sat quietly until our turn. Baz sat perfectly still while his blood was being drawn as ANya hid her head in the chair, but she was ready with the Fantastic 4 Band-aid when the time came. Baz happily deposited his urine specimen, much to the tech's surprise (little did she know that peeing in and on things is his favorite pastime!).

We had a nice breaky at Dunkin Donuts- both kids sat quietly and ate their sugary breakfast, then back home.

Anya's kindergarten registration went mostly well- she easily did her screening test as Baz threw a tantrum. The only snag was that she hasn't had her 2nd MMR dose (it's usually given at the 5year checkup by our ped) and they wouldn't let her even REGISTER without an appt card. HUH???? As if that proves that she will be getting the vax at that appt. If I had known that, I would have pulled out an old card andchanged the date. As it happened, I was able to reach the ped and she faxed over a card, but it was a hassle. Oh well, as long as we accomplished the registration!

Baz fell asleep on the way home, so ANya and I had some time together. After lunch and a dip in the hot tub, I managed to clean some floors and do laundry. It's amazing what I can do when I'm not about to hurl!!! Once Baz woke up, we all spent some time playing and cleaning outside in the lovely spring day. Anya taught Baz how to dig for worms and slugs- yippee!!

Swimming was great- Baz quietly watched Lilo& Stitch as I watched ANya. SHe really is quite a fish nowadays! Dinner and bedtime went smoothly for Baz and ANya is having a special movie night with daddy. A local theater is running Ghostbusters this week, so they're out seeing that.

And now I had a little time to blog....if only every day at home went so smoothly!

No comments: