magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another weekend bites the dust

Wow- it's been a while since my last entry...I can't believe how fast the days fly by! I'm up to 18 weeks already and now that food is no longer the enemy, time is passing super quickly. It really is a treat to not feel like crap day in and day out. For the past few days, I've only had little minor waves of nausea here and there. Of course, I'm now really enjoying everything I eat and allowing myself to indulge in things I otherwise wouldn't. Gotta take advantage of the only time it's good (or at least OK) to gain weight, right? My level II ultrasound is this Thurs and we're eagerly looking forward to seeing our newest little bean and finding out the sex (hopefully!)

As usual, today (Sun) was a whirlwind. I don't know who said that Sunday is a day of rest, but they sure weren't a mommy. Since Baz was up twice between 4 and 4:45, he slept in a little (as in 7:00), but Anya was up at the usual 6:30, so my day started then. After making and cleaning up from breakfast, the playtime began and this involved making many messes (as usual). I did manage to clean and tidy up as we played together and I even got to changing all the beds and cleaning the bathrooms before we headed out to Home Depot. Thankfully, both kids cooperated and it really wasn't painful at all. We even rewarded them with a stop at Wally World for some pink play sand for their sandox. Of course, as we left the stores, the rain was falling, but they forgot about the sand by the time we got home. As Baz took his nap, Anya and I played in the hot tub (ahhhhhh...still loving every second of it!!!), then back to cleaning and laundry. I managed to vacuum all the rugs and even mop the kitchen floor- go mommy!!! By the time Nana and Dada showed up to pick Anya up for her sleepover, even the family room was picked up and looking neat. Another dip in the hot tub with both kids and grandparents and Anya was off for the evening. What a treat it is to only have one kiddo to manage! We had a nice dinner, a little Yo Gabba Gabba, then bath and bed. While George bathed Baz, I folded and put away the rest of the laundry and that was the end of the day. It really is nice to have the entire house in order, even though I know that in a few hours it will all be a disaster again, but I'm enjoying it now!

No comments: