magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

So what can I say about the kids today???? Baz decided to rudely awaken everyone around 6:30 this morning. George was none too pleased about this, but I think he should be happy that he had an extra hour of sleep beyond what I got, AND it was uninterrupted sleep. Baz is back to his regular "teething" pattern of several wakeups per night. I just can't give him boot camp when he's clearly cutting 4 molars at the least. He's talking more and more and even making a few 2 word phrases. He "helped" me pick Anya up today...I put him in the stroller to keep him contained and the entire time (we had to wait a few minutes for her class to finish), he sat forward and gripped the front of his stroller.

Anya seems to have had fun at preschool today, but I still don't really know what she did. SHe comes home with a few worksheets that she's done and/or colored and she told me they played on the playground, but other than that, the day is a mystery. I hope that as she gets used to it, I'll find out more, but I just have to imagine what she does for now!

They have a field trip in a few weeks- conveniently, the parents pick the kids up early (11:30) and meet at the field trip place at 12:30. OK- I'm all for doing fun things with my kids, but I work!!!! Sure, I can reschedule my patients and take the afternoon off (which is probably what will happen), but that's not easy. ANd of course it falls when both sets of gparents are away, so they can't even help out. Oh well- this should be the worst parenting situation we have, right?

1 comment:

Erika said...

It's weird how so many preschools forget that over 60% of American families have 2 working parents. I just don't get it....

Weird to have a field trip after school too!