magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Getting ready for a vaca!!!!

Today was hectic because I was hell-bent on getting the house straightened up so I can pack on Friday and we can come home to a clean-ish house next week. Of course, with 2 toddlers, this was no small task! There were times when they were moving so fast to un-do what I had just done that I almost gave up! I did manage to organize Baz's closet and pack up his newborn-6mo clothes. THis was his cue to grab each item and toss it as far away as possible as I placed new ones in- ACK! He got distracted from this task by his drawers with even more clothes to throw around!
I did take a few breaks to play with the kids...first, we had a round of "what animal am I?". We took turns sitting/crawling, etc on the rug in the family room and acting out a different animal. Al 3 of us had fun with this one and there were no toys involved!!! Later, Anya became a conductor (this was inspired by the rubbermaid storage totes I was using for the outgrown clothes), and I had to perform as she conducted me. SHe was actually pretty good- now I have to figure out where (besides Fantasia), she's seen a conductor! I'm guessing there's been one on Little Einsteins at some point.

Fantasia rescued me this afternoon- when I finally got Baz down for a second nap and needed a little time to rush around and complete my goals for the day, I had to find something to keep Anya busy. She asked for Fantasia and was captivated for the WHOLE thing- even the little speech at the beginning! I managed to mop 2 floors, fold 3 loads of laundry and pick up 2378998 toys, while cooking up some arroz con pollo at the same time- yummy!

So now I sit here, relaxing in my semi-clean family room, packed up for tomorrow, hoping for a more restful night and knowing that in 3 days, we'll be on vaca!!!!

No comments: