magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, September 28, 2007

Can't talk....coming down....



Well, not only did we all survive our vacation, but we all had a blast!!!! I have to thank my parents for that one....the kids are wonderful and all, but 24-7 with them in a foreign environment has some serious pitfalls. Handing them off to eager grandparents definitely makes for a happy family (and I'm pretty sure happy grandparents, too).

First of all, I have to say that the Great Wolf Lodge ROCKS!!!! What an amazing place.....definitely kid-oriented, and good for a wide age range. Anya (and George) loved the MagicQuest game... you buy your own wand that interacts with sensors on items throughout the lodge. THere are a bunch of quests and you have to figure out where to go next, etc. The nice thing is that the wand is yours to keep and it stores your info so you can pick up where you left off. In addition to that game, there's the waterpark. Oh.my.god....For a few minutes when we first arrived, I thought we were going to have a problem with Baz.....the water temp seemed a little chilly and the noise level in an enclosed waterpark took a little adjusting, so his first impression wasn't favorable. However, he changed his mind pretty readily after testing the waters. It turned out that I must have taken him into a colder part of the park because the rest of the pools, etc, were very comfortable. He also learned to LOVE the kiddie slides and practiced saying "again" over and over and over! There wasn't much he didn't like (except for the concrete stairs that he fell and banged his face on :( ), but even that wasn't too bad.

Anya needed no encouragement- she jumped right in....she moved on to the big body slides right away! After swimming a bit, we moved on to the tube slides. Another winner- she wanted to ride over and over! This was another time we were happy to have Gram-Pap-Pap along....each kid had fun being with either grandparent AND mom and dad got to ride the big rides! Pap-Pap loved the big kid rides too- we rode a bunch of them over and over. The nicest thing about the lodge was that it was a very slow time. We rarely had to wait for a ride, and when we did it was only for a minute or two. Sometimes we wanted to wait a bit to catch our breath- there were a lot of stairs to get to the top!

This trip helped to assuage any fears I had about our upcoming Disney trip. The biggest obstacle for us is bedtime/sleeping and we had no issues in that department at all. Anya was so tired by the end of each day that she hardly fought bedtime at all. And she's turned into a heavy sleeper- once she goes down, she wakes for NOTHING!!!! Baz happily ran to his PNP each time we offered it. He napped at least once per day, no matter where he was (well, where the PNP was- I don't think he'd have gone down in a stroller). I have to comment again on how amazed I am by his sleeping habits. Anya would NEVER nap during the day in a foreign environment and bedtime was such a struggle. I suppose I have to find something else to worry about...oh, what will it be???

Rater than upload 5784397987 pics to this site, I made a shutterfly album and emailed it out. If I missed anyone, email me or post a comment and I'll include you (sorry about that).

No comments: