magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, September 21, 2007

Good day

Today I can truthfully say that I enjoyed being a mother all day long. I always love the kids and love that I have them, but I don't always enjoy mothering them. Even though Baz was up for good at 5:15 (ugh), after being up twice (maybe thrice -double ugh) during the night, he was so happy and giggly, I could hardly be upset with him. He stayed happy and adorable until naptime when
it became clear that he needed a rest and sleep he did! He even happily lays down (face down, of course), when I ask him if he wants a new diaper!

Anya woke up happy as a clam, too, and barely fought me all day. She did earn a couple of TO's for hitting Baz, but went right over to the chair and took her punishment quietly. The 3 of us made a trip to Wally World and BJs for some last minute travel items and it was completely enjoyable!!! Neither kid fought getting into the car. THey happily "drove' the kiddie car through BJ"s and of course said their hello's to the Halloween PIrate. They were captivated by the prelit outdoor christmas tree set that was playing showtune-type carols at ungodly decibels! It's a cute idea, but I can't imagine keeping your neighbors happy while displaying that!

Baz truly surprised me when we stopped for a hotdog lunch at BJ's and he walked right up to a highchair and asked to go up! I was wondering how I would manage corralling him while keeping an eye on Anya and our cart of stuff, but it wasn't even a question!

The rest of the day was spent doing fun things like watercolors, princesses, watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and having parades, in addition to packing and cleaning to go! I really feel like I accomplished all my goals today, including having lots of playtime with the kids. In fact, I don't think I screamed like a lunatic at all! Bring on the vaca!!!!!

No comments: