magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, September 14, 2007

Relax????

I can't remember the last time this has happened (probably because it was prior to kids), but I actually had a fairly relaxing day today. There weren't too many pressing little jobs around the house (there are ALWAYS lots of big projects waiting) and I decided to not worry about those that were. Instead, I just tried to maintain the status quo and have fun with the kids. Guess what.... we had a fun-filled, tantrum-free day! I fit in a workout while Baz took his morning nap, them cleaned up the toy clutter in preparation for round 2! Anya and I played a bit before he woke up, then lunch and a trip to the new park. This turned into a little adventure since they're resurfacing the roads in our neighborhood and the ones on our way to the park were closed off, but we managed.

Because of the Jewish holidays, the playground was PACKED with moms and their kids, big and little. This made things challenging for me because both of mine wanted to go in different directions and it wasn't safe to let either go. So I had to drag one kid or the other to where the sib wanted to go, but it worked out OK. Anya was eager to have some ice cream, so I was able to steer them away from the park before I was completely exhausted!

Baskin Robbins was fresh out of "blue", so Anya settled on rainbow sherbet and I got some Munckins for Baz. OMG, did he clear through those fast! I thought he'd linger with the first one for a while as he does with every other edible thing, but it was gone before I blinked my eyes! He inhaled his dinner, too- I think he had at least 6 meatballs and 2 helpings of noodles! Could this be a growth spurt? Could the growth spurt extra sleep counteract the teething lack of sleep?

I actually was able to look inside his little mouth today and saw that the points I've been feeling and thinking were really poking through a lot are really just the tips of the iceberg. And these are only on the top. The bottom molars are still just swelling- nothing poking through yet. I'll keep buying Motrin!

It seems that Anya has inherited her daddy's mosquito-attracting phermones. My mom told me yesterday that she thought maybe Anya was getting some hives because she had several bumpy areas on her shoulder and arm. No biggie- they weren't getting bigger or spreading, so we didn't think about it. This morning, they were still there, but more defined and looking like bug bites. Poor kid- I feel for her. (I'm happy for me because this means that as long as I stay near her and George, the bugs will never notice me!!! I kid, I kid).

I don't think we have any plans for the weekend other than work tomorrow and hopefully covering the pool. It really isn't that big of a production- we just have to commit to doing it and follow through!

No comments: