magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, July 11, 2008

Where to begin....

Wow- I think it's been 3 weeks since I've made an entry- wow!!! Gotta say that this pregnancy is really kicking my butt, but I really don't know if it's more or less than the previous ones. I think Anya's was probably the best since I only had to worry about me. With Baz, I was sick the entire time, so that just made life miserable. This time, I haven't been nauseated in quite a while, but all the other joys of pregnancy are trying to make up for that. Anyway, I'm going to start with the cute things the kids did today since there were a bunch, then fill in the rest of the stuff I've been mentally blogging when I'm too tired to physically do it!

The day started as usual, with Baz in bed with us.....we're still ironing out the issues of sharing a room- one of which is Mr. Instigator giggling and getting into trouble so neither kid gets to sleep until late. Then, he wakes up several times in the night and I can't jsut let him cry, so I try to settle him back in his own bed. Finally, he realizes that he isn't getting what he wants so instead of crying, the next time he wakes up, he just walks up to my bed and says "uppy mommy". Being 29 weeks preggo and already having woken up several times prior, I take the easiest way out and hoist him over me into the bed. It really isn't bad, but in a few weeks there will be some changes and this arrangement definitely won't work.

The nicer part of waking up lately is that he's happy to watch TV in my bed, as does Anya, who joins us later (and by later I mean around 6am). Today, when Baz woke up, his PJ top was pulled up a bit, so he rubbed his belly and said "See Mastian's baby, mommy". Too cute! Anya's getting excited for the baby, too. As I flipped through channels today, I happened upon TLC during A Baby Story and she insisted we watch (twist my arm!). She was so eager to see the new babies- it was cool!

We spent some time in the hot tub today (as usual) and Baz is really taking to the water well. Last week, something clicked and he got the hang of going underwater and now he's always doing it. As soon as we get in, he asks for goggles and starts swimming (almost). This morning, he stood up on the seat and proclaimed himself "SuperMastian" very proudly. This continued throughout the day and was incredibly cute.

Anya has been into competition lately.....she has to finish eating first, get to the car first, etc, etc. Tired mommy tried to use this to her advantage today....I lured the kids out to the driveway with the promise of chalk art. For some reason, they soon lost interest in that, so I started them on running races. Up and down the driveway, over and over and over. They actually both got out of breath- that doesn't happen to often! We'll see what effect it has on bedtime.....so far, Baz is asleep in Anya's bed and she's having movie night. I think she'll probably be OK since he'll already be down and she's up late.

No comments: