magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Busy weekend

Another weekend has gone by.....yesterday was just plain crazy.... although I managed to finish reasonably on time, work was nuts. I think we had 5 or 6 new patients in a row- wowza!!! Of course, this means that I have a pile of charts waiting for me when I go in tomorrow, but I'll eventually catch up.

After work, I stopped over to pick up George and the kids to go to a graduation party and find Anya dancing in the sprinklers in an old black Alice Cooper tour shirt of George's...lovely. Baz had gotten over his fear of sprinklers and was trotting around in only his diaper (which was not a swim dipe, so it weighed about 400 lbs!). The kids really seemed to enjoy the party, even though they were really the only little kids there. Baz was eagerly trying to play wiffle ball, frisbee, and football with the "big kids", who were very understanding and tried to include him as much as possible. Anya showed off her dance moves and spent most of the time examining and finding more and more "hidden" animals in Pat's house and yard.

Goerge took off with Jon to see Rush, so I was solo for bedtime, but it went pretty smoothly. After all that running around, I was shocked that neither kiddo fell asleep on the way home. They cooperated with tubby and stories and I didn't even try to put them down in the same room. Anya hung out in my bed while I got Baz situated and once they both fell asleep, I put Anya back in her bed (and Baz into his bed since he had moved into her bed).

Today was busy too, but not nearly as tiring. I think Baz stayed in his bed most of the night (after asking for more "nuk" several times (milk)) He joined us around 5:30, but he likes watching Arthur now, so I can put the tv on and doze off for a little bit at least. We spent some time in the hot tub, then a little brunch and George went out to work on the yard. Boring, I suppose, but it was so nice that the kids played together for a while as I cleaned up and even rested a little.

Baz and I went out for a little shopping trip, which was a nice little break. He mostly cooperated and we made it to Kohls, Waldbaums, and Wally World- woo hoo!! It was frustrating because the woman I asked at WalMart said they don't carry maternity and I mainly went there looking for cheapie shorts to cover my rapidly expanding belly.

Now I'm going to break into the peach cobbler I've been dying for all day!!!

No comments: