magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Friday, July 18, 2008

Grace period over....

So we have once again returned to painful bedtimes. I knew the easy ones wouldn't last forever, but I sure did enjoy it. Now that Baz has gotten used to his new digs, he refuses to go to sleep easily. Our latest solution is to put him down in his bed (or the floor, which is his new fave) and let Anya lay/sleep in our bed until he falls asleep, but this is becoming tedious too. He's taking longer and longer to go to sleep and needing more intervention. ACK!!! I suppose it's still easier than the 1.5-2 hour routine we had with Anya when she was his age, but it is painful. Poor Anya is so uncomfortable tonight in our room since we don't have AC in there and it's HOT. She'll get over it, of course, but since George is asleep, I'm corralling solo tonight and getting up and down from the couch is rough. He's settled down now and playing with his fire truck, so here's hoping he'll be asleep soon and I can put Anya in her bed and rest for a little while.

I say for a little while because it doesn't end with bedtime. Within a few hours of me going to bed, Baz wakes up. If I'm lucky, I can give him a sippy of water and put him back in his bed. Of course, this is no simple matter since I have to hoist my huge body out of bed to get to him, make a pit stop at the bathroom, then get and fill the sippy. This usually holds him for an hour or two until he's up again and we repeat it until he wises up and just shows up at my bedside. By that time, I'm completely exhausted and take the easy route and pull him into bed with me. Once he gets situated, he then remembers that he wants "nunk" or water and I have to make the kitchen trip yet again. When we finally get situated and I maybe start to drift off again, it's time for Anya to appear and announce that she's had a nightmare.

Last night, I knew there was no way we could all fit comfortably in our bed (especially since George needs a 9-12 ince buffer on his side or he complains that I'm pushing him out of the bed), so I vacated to Anya's bed and slept in the lovely AC. Of course, Baz joined me after a little while, but it was still better than our room! I'm sure hoping this sleep stuff works itself out before Ladybug makes his/her appearance!

No comments: