magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, June 9, 2008

Me

I had a fabulous treat this weekend- I traveled to Phila to visit a small group of friends from college. The reunion was fun- a group of about 10 friends who I haven't seen in many years (several since graduation) and I also got to sit and just chat. No chasing kids, wiping mouths, cutting food, cleaning up spills, etc. I even treated myself to a hotel stay that night (no way I would have been able to drive home that night anyway) and it was bliss! A whole bed to myself (sans cat hair and kids) and I could sleep all night long. Of course, my internal clock started waking me up at 5:30 (thanks, Baz), but I hit snooze until 7:30 and casually got up, took a shower, ate breakfast, and headed home. Traffic on Sun morning was so light and I was home in 2.5 hours.

We even managed to enjoy a nice, though HOT, Sunday afternoon. As Baz slept, I straightened up the house, then we went out to a small carnival. Baz just about managed to get over his fear of bouncy houses and joined Anya in jumping around, and they played some fun games before heading home. Now if they only could have slept all night long- at least ONE of them, it would have been perfect, but I suppose I can't complain!

No comments: