magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Preschool woes

Today, Anya had an "incident" at school. Not big enough for a call or anything, but when I picked her up, her teacher told me that another kid put her "in jail" and that she cried for quite a while. Now, this teacher is nice enough, but seems to be lacking a bit in that uber-sweet quality that most PS teachers have. No biggie usually- Anya doesn't seem to mind and the assistant definitely DOES have that quality and makes up for the teacher. So Anya's version was that the kid pushed her into the block basket and held the lid down. She started crying and once she got out of the basket, she was afraid of the other kids in the class. It's hard to get a great idea of what happened, but by bedtime tonight, she was already talking about her friends at school (including the one who trapped her) so hopefully that's the end of that!

On a better note, I got several RSVP's for her party- all yesses!! I'm so excited for her and I hope she's having a good day for the party so she can really enjoy it. Also, we have to pay for 12 kids minimum, so the closest we get to that, the happier I am!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I hope the "prison warden" doesn't come and terrorize the birthday girl! ;) Poor girl! That made me sad!

Christine said...

I know- I felt so horrible when her teacher told me that she cried for "quite a while". But she really hasn't been hung up on it since, so maybe it was just a momentary thing. FTR, he hasn't RSVP'd yet, but she still says that he's her friend.