magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, November 5, 2007

Eureka!!!!

After weeks and weeks of spending Anya's entire swimming lesson chasing Baz around and around the waiting area, I finally figured out the trick. I took George's recommendation (yes, I am giving you credit for this one!) and brought in the portable DVD player. Not only did I not have to chase him one bit, but I didn't even unbuckle the stroller seatbelt!!! I think I made another mom's day too since her DD joined us in watching Little Einsteins so we all sat quietly. Once again, I know that one time does not a pattern make, so I'm just going to enjoy the relaxing swimming lesson I had tonight.

In fact, there must have been some good karma floating around me all evening because Anya "toned down the crazy" and was a pleasure to be around. She's been incredibly difficult for the past few days- testing our boundaries and limits on EVERYTHING and it's getting old. I was not looking forward to an evening of chasing Baz around saf-t-swim followed by feeding, bathing, and wrangling 2 kids by myself and I was so wrong. They cooperated- both ate well, got in and out of the tub, got dressed, and listened to stories without a peep!

Now if only Baz would adjust to Daylight savings- I tried to let him CIO it bit when he was up at 5am, hoping that maybe he'd go back down. I have to give in after 15-20 minutes when he got so desperate to get out of his crib that he stopped calling for mommy and daddy and just called
"Anya, Anya, Anya" over and over.

No comments: