magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ear Infections all around!!!!

I don't think I blogged about this, but earlier in the week, Baz's cough worsened and he started spiking fevers. When the fevers continued, I took him in to the peds and it turns out he had full-blown infections in each ear. She was a little concerned about the possible wheezy sounds in his lungs, but after a nebulizer treatment, he sounded much better, so he's getting abx for the EI and nebs for the cough. I spent a good 5-20 minutes fighting him in the office trying to keep the mist close to his face as he screamed his head off. It turns out that I just had to ASK him to put the mask on his nose- he was thrilled to do that when we got home. THe nebulizer has become the most fun toy in our house!!!

Anya had an earache last weekend, but that was treated with Motrin and some eardrops. She clearly was in pain then and then clearly got better. In the meantime, she's told me multiple times that her ear is "counting" to her. Leave it to Anya to find a creative way to describe things! Anyway, in light of Baz's apparently painless EIs, I took Anya in today to have her ears checked. Sure enough, she does have a mild infection in one ear, which I suppose explains the "counting". Now I had to convince her that the medicine does in fact taste good, which luckily wasn't too hard.

No comments: