magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tentacles

So we officially had our first family swim in our pool for this summer today- woohoo! Anya has gotten spoiled by her 92 degree pool at Saf-T-Swim and has balked at jumping into our 76 degree pool. Well, today it was close to 90 out and super humid, so the time was right and swim she did! She and I got in first and had a nice time. Once George and Baz joined us, Baz was no longer a fan of the water and just wanted to run around in the yard. I was a little bummed because I really enjoyed being in the water, but there should be more chances for that! George even got Anya to jump in with her floaties on! And she made sure to avoid the "tentacles" floating in the middle of the pool. Tentacles? I repeated until it hit me.....she remembered not to go close to the CHEMICALS, but she said that tentacles is a fun word to say. I have to admit- she's right!

And it's definitely good to be a kid in our household- the heat was enough to inspire us to install our window units, so the cool spots in our house are the kids' rooms and the family room. Man, are those rooms nice and comfy......But that's it. Our room has two windows, one of which the cats have chewed a hole in (twice now...ugh) so I can't even open it more than a couple of inches or they'll have free reign to go in and out of the house, as well as any mosquitoes, moths, and flies that happen to come with them (and any dead or nearly-dead animals in their mouths). If I ever get a little "extra" time, I'll repair that screen again, but I hate even wasting the time because as soon as it's done, the hole will be back. I'm quickly becoming anti-pet, which is something I'd NEVER have said pre-kids. So I have to leave the frosty cool family room for my hot, sweaty room with slightly open windows and a slow ceiling fan. Gotta go check ehow and see if I can install a/c ducts by myself...well, at least with the help of my awesome dad!

I've also decided to never again mention how well either kid slept- no matter how much of a great pattern they've gotten into, as soon as I comment on it, I'm doomed to have a rotten night. I can't even count how many times Baz was up last night- was it because I forgot to put on his white noise machine or something else?

I went on a mini-shopping spree today to get some outfits for my boards exam this weekend. I've lost 20 lbs so far so none of my clothes fit anymore. I gave away my smaller clothes eons ago figuring that I wasn't ever going to get to be this size again, so off to the store it was. Although I've got to say that trying on clothes is much better now that I'm more comfortable with my body, my fashion sense is still horrible so putting together outfits that I feel like a moron bumbling around the store. I thought about asking Keila from my office to come with me, but I thought I'd be ok by myself...wrong! I also made an appointment to get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed Thurs afternoon, so hopefully the new hair and clothes will give me the confidence to not worry about these exams! I'll be staying at the Mariott O'Hare and their pool looks fabulous- I'll take my bathing suit, but it just won't be the same without Anya and Baz.

Sebastian is really picking up more and more words each day. TOday I looked back in the rearview mirror as we were driving home and he was putting his toy fish on his head and saying "hat". OMG, it was the funniest thing ever!!! He and Anya are starting to play together at times- they ganged up today to raid his drawers...she was looking for clothes to put on her animals and he was looking for fun stuff to pull out and put on the floor! When she made one last trip in as he was in his crib, she came over to kiss him goodnight and he offered up a big fat kiss. It was sooooooo sweet! I repeat- I LOVE bedtime!

1 comment:

Erika said...

WTG on the 20lbs!!! You're amazing!

Too funny about the tentacles - c'mon admit it. You KNOW you have an octopus in your pool!!!