magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

Getting started.....

I'm going to start posting before I get distracted with anything else so maybe I can make this blog thing work, so here goes.....

Today started off like any other day.....Baz's internal clock woke him (and me) up at 6:07 am, but thankfully he had slept all night prior to that- thank heaven for small favors!!!! He always likes to wake everyone else up, so as I popped his waffle in the toaster, he beelined for Anya's room. Anya responded as any 3-year old teenager would and said "I'm still sleeping" from underneath her pillow. It was really cute. He's really gotten a grasp of the words "hot" and "ow" and I think he thinks they mean the same thing since he usually hears them in conjunction with his waffle and the toaster or else a nightlight. As I picked the kids up- both at the IL's- Anya was of course naked and "playing a joke" on MIL by telling her she couldn't come to the Wiggles with us. I'm really not sure where this came from because she wasn't beling malicious and she LOVES Nana, so I suppose it was an attempt at humor... Anya fell asleep on the way home and afternoon naps are usually met with crankiness and trouble going to sleep at night, but it seemed to work out today. She was a bear for close to an hour after she woke up, but by the time swimming came around, she was happy again. She did great with her lesson- finally jumped in by herself and swam to her instructor- yay!!!

Bedtime was the usual chaos, but fairly easy as bedtimes go. Anya loves the tub and her bedtime routine,which could drag on and on for hours if you play along. She is still up and singing to herself in bed, but settled down without George or I in bed with her. Bedtime with Baz is my favorite time of day. He is the sweetest little boy most of the day, but just as he's going to sleep is the peak of it. He points to my nose, mouth, etc as I sing to him and giggles uncontrollably. When I give him an eskimo kiss, he just laughs so hard. I usually ask for kisses before I wave goodbye and tonight he offered them before I asked! OMG, was I the happiest momma! He went down without a hitch,except for getting his tiny thigh caught between the slats- poor little muffin. A few gulps of milk later and he was reaching for his crib- didn't even want to cuddle for a bit. Thank God we have one good sleeper!

OK- so that was not very interesting, huh? I think its going to take a while for me to "find my groove" and make this interesting to someone other than future me looking to reminisce about the mundane tasks of daily life with 2 toddlers. BTW future Chris- every mom of more than one kid seems to forget how they managed the kids, house, work,etc...so I'm hoping this will be a help when Anya asks for help with her kids.

1 comment:

Erika said...

YAY! I love your title!

I love bedtime with Bryce too - what is it about these little boys right at bedtime. I just eat it up. Sounds like you have a nice little routine going for you too!