magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rearview mirror

So we turned Sebastian around in his car seat recently, making van rides a new adventure for him. He's so in love with cars that he spends most of the ride pointing out the window and saying "car" or "truck". Since he's now visible by me in the rearview mirror, I often wave to him as I'm sitting at a light and when he catches my eye, he lights up with laughter and waves back (as does Anya from her seat too). Today, I happened to look up at the mirror to see him waiting to catch my eye and when he did, HE waved hi and started giggling. It was so small, but so incredibly sweet! He had a rough time staying behind with FIL today- kept clinging to my arm or my shirt and I had to leave him crying. I know he stopped minutes after I left and had a ball with FIL, but it was still hard. Anya, on the other hand, happily went to play with her friends at Colleen's. She's gotten really into waving to whoever is leaving until they can't be seen anymore, but she's not unhappy about it. SHe clearly played hard today and was wet (from a surprise rainshower) and dirty (from being chased by the boys and digging up worms and slugs) but very happy. She made George's evening interesting by putting sunblock on Baz's face, including his eyes. Ack! Luckily, it was the tear-free version so his eyes were puffy and red when I got home, but not in terrible shape. We'll see what happens tomorrow....

I'm off to Chicago tomorrow for the oral exam for the surgical boards...it shouldn't be bad, but I could use a little refreshing....I'll have time on the plane, right? Thankfully I don't leave until late afternoon, so I don't have to pack until tomorrow. It will be hard being away from George and the kids all weekend, but I think I'll get over it as I SLEEP ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! I may even get to eat a meal or two uninterrupted or without feeding someone before myself!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Bryce doesn't sleep in the car much anymore b/c he's way too interested in checking out all the cars and trucks! Isn't it amazing how boys are naturally interested in that stuff?? The next time we get our boys together, it should be interesting - they'll have more in common. Funny how it seems we're raising such similar kids. It's like a parallel universe!

GL on your test!!!!