magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

OMG, the tantrums this kid can throw!!!! After spending several mornings getting dressed and ready to go as Anya throws a tantrum about what she does or doesn't want to wear, we started having her pick out her outfit the night before. She happily does this, laying everything out
in preparation. Well, this morning it backfired.....she wanted to wear a skirt and picked out a
cute one. This morning, she no longer liked skirts with panties attached (which is necessary since the boys have tried to look up her skirt already!) and this particular skirt was "too small". I'm not about to let her change her mind that easily- what's the point of picking out the outfit if she's going to have a tantrum anyway?


45 minutes of crying and screaming later, George enters the scene and tries to negotiate a "deal". If she tries the skirt on and it is truly too small she can pick out an alternative outfit. She finally complied with this and is now wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, but man, am I exhausted! I really hope that we're getting these "events" out of the way now and her teenage "rebellion" will be tame. (I can hope, can't I?).

1 comment:

Erika said...

We've had very similar morning moments like this and over clothes. I'm a time out queen in the AM now. You're gonna scream b/c you don't wanna brush your teeth? Well, time out for you. Bryce once got 3 in a row before he complied. Caroline usually only takes one now and then she'll get dressed. I'm still shocked it works. SHOCKED. I guess a few minutes alone makes a difference.