magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby

Now that we're fairly certain that this kiddo is a girl, we're trying to figure out what to name her. We do have a name that both of us like, but we'd still like some choices in case she doesn't look like that name and so we know we've explored our options. Anya is happy to join in this discussion. (But she doesn't now nor will she know the planned name until it is announced in case anyone is planning on trying to get it out of her!). Her most recent offerings are "other Anya", Angel, and Sally.

She's also utterly fascinated with my belly,as it rapidly expands. She's always looking out for cute "pregnant mommy" clothes for me and she never misses an opportunity to hug and kiss my belly. She loved the idea that baby sister can probably hear and recognize her voice already.

Sebastian is having issues with not being the baby....not that I really want to push the issue and make him grow up already, but I do want him prepared for the creature who will uproot and change his life as he knows it. I started with asking him where's the baby? He happily slapped his chest and said "baby!". OK- yes, you are mommy's baby, but there's a baby in mommy's belly. Gonna have to work on this one a bit!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Ha ha! We're in the same boat with Caroline and she keeps pleading with me to tell her the baby's name. (If I could just tell her, I would b/c she's the person who I'd like to share it w/ the most! But we all know how loose the lips of a 4 year old are...) I like "Other Anya" myself!!

That's cute about Sebastian - oh my, I think I'd cry if Bryce did that. I hope he'll embrace his "big boyhood" soon, for your sake!

Unknown said...

Other Anya is great. It's along the same lines as Sequel and this one could be Trilogy.