magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

Potty Training Success?

Baz has shown a definite interest in using the potty, so we've been trying to encourage this as much as possible. Of course, I really think it's just an excuse for him to whip out his wiener and pee on things, but he's pretty good about doing it mostly in the potty. George has recently shown him how to use the stool to stand on to pee standing up, which Baz also loves.

So yesterday morning, Baz makes several requests in a row to "pee pee potty" and George gets sick of getting up and walking him to the bathroom and back. As a result, he (G) comes out and tells me that he's just going to let Baz run around naked for a while so he can pee whenever he wants. This is a fine idea, except that he hadn't yet pooped, which has been happening early in the day lately. Uh-oh.....

As I mention this to George and he realizes what's going to happen next , in runs Baz as if on cue- with something brown on his heel. Aw, crap.....yep, it was crap!!! It turns out that he ALMOST did it right- as I carried him quicky to the bathroom, watching carefully where I walked since I didn't know where he had left his present, I was pleasantly surprised to see that his poop was very locally contained. It appears that he got up on the stool and pooped standing up!! Haha!!! It could have been so much worse, but I see now why it's better to teach little boys to pee AND poop sitting down to start with!!!!

No comments: