magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, March 31, 2008

Meeting Miles

This past weekend, Anya and I had a girls' roadtrip to Philly to meet Miles and play with Isabella. We left George and Baz at home so I could get some rest and not chase Mr. 2-year old all weekend. That was the best idea I've ever had- Anya and Isabella played very well together and mommy got some much needed sleep!!!

Miles is just adorable- another Ben clone, although Isabella is definitely looking just like Beth did when she was little. He definitely brought back memories of the first few months of Anya's life.... he likes/needs to be held and/or rocked most of the time. At first this is nice, but having been through it, I know how exhausting it is trying to calm a fussy baby. Hopefully it passes quickly for him. On a better note, he does seem to sleep pretty well at night, which is foreign to me.

We took the girls (and Miles, too) to the Please Touch Museum and they had a blast! Isabella ran from one activity to the next, but eventually we met up and the cousins played together. I don't think it really tired them out too much, though- bedtime was a bit rough. Both girls wanted to sleep in the same room, but to my amazement, Isabella was the one who wanted to stay up. Anya kept asking Isabella to be quiet so she could go to sleep! After I picked myself up off the floor, amazed that Anya was ASKING to go to sleep, I moved her into my room and she was down in seconds. The same thing happened the next night except that we gave up pretty quickly this time.

There were a few minor scuffles over toys, but other than that, Isabella and Anya played very well together all weekend. Anya was also eager to help with Miles. She assisted Aunt Beth at bathtime and made sure his belly and bellybutton were spic and span. Unfortunately, she couldn't hold him too much, but she seemed satisfied with the opportunities she got. It looks like I've got a good mommy's helper on my hands.

No comments: