magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Monday, March 10, 2008

Catching up

OK, so clearly pregnancy has had a negative impact on my blogging. Well, it just can't be helped- by the time I get to sit down in the evening, I've been puking or nauseated and so exhausted that even the thought of sitting at the computer is tiring. As I approach the second trimester I am feeling a little better and before I completely lose this time in the kids' lives, I'm going to try to write it down.

Baz is really turning into a cool little kid. He's looking and acting more and more like a boy than a baby lately. His vocabulary is expanding by the second and he really seems to understand what he's saying- not just parroting. He also sings a lot, too... this evening he joined me in Do-Re-Me and sang the right word at the proper time- I was amazed! He does sometimes burst out with "fa fa ti ti" while he's playing- cute!

He is still fixating on the Tower of Terror ride at Hollywood studios. I'm already worried about how much he'll freak out when he isn't tall enough to ride it next year when we go.

Anya has taken a big interest in helping me cook dinner. She's gotten great at Rice-A-Roni :)!! She also likes setting the table- it's cool to start her with chores! She rocked on her kindergarten readiness test- she scored 96 out of 100, missing 2 questions....one was her address, which she knows so I don't know what happened there. She also had trouble drawing a proper triangle. I can live with a 96 though- go ANya!!!!

And Anya has moved on from her nudity phase, but now she wants to live in jammies all the time. Of course, who doesn't, right? For now I'm letting her change into jammies when we get home since we rarely have anyone visit, so who cares what shes wearing. Baz is starting to take his own clothes off now, so I may have another exhibitionist on my hands!

It appears by my baby widget that I'm under the 200 day mark- wow!! I know that once I feel better, the days and weeks will just melt off, but so far it has been a long, slow journey. Thank god for zofran, but that didn't take away the nausea and exhaustion. Here's hoping it ends soon and doesn't come back!!!

No comments: